Return to Home Page About our Ministry Our History Our Minstries Our Daily Word Our Photo Album

The Women's Missionary Society
Mission and Purpose

Missionaries are sent to work outside the church to effect change in its community.  Unlike evangelist, they not only evangelize, they address the human element regarding suffering and those who are deprived by our society.  Matthew 25: 40

The Women's Missionary Council of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church is one of nine programmatic departments. The Council was founded in Nashville, Tennessee, in September, 1918. Its original title was the Women's Connectional Council of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1954, the name was changed to Women's Missionary Council of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. The primary purpose at its inception was to primarily raise funds to assist Home missions. As the years passed, with continued growth and development, it was realized that this distinctive body of women rendered outstanding service in all phases of church work. As a result of this service, the Women's Missionary Council was received in 1942 as one of the departments of the general church with its President having the status of a General Officer. The Department of Finance of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church pays the salary of the President.

 
 
  CHURCH EVENTS
 
  Additional information on the Christian Methodist Episopal Church (CME) can be found at CME.org read more
 
 
   
prayerrequest.jpg BIBLE.jpg facebook.jpg Driving Directions